LICENSED, INSURED & BONDED SINCE 1985 WITH 35 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE • (818) 773-9514
Tankless Water Heaters
Installation and Repair
Find out if a tankless water heater is right for your San Fernando Valley home. Contact Lynch Plumbing at (818) 851-7994 for expert advice.
Tankless water heaters are gaining in popularity year after year. You might have heard that these systems provide unlimited hot water, greater energy savings, and more storage space (an enticing thought for apartment dwellers).
Customers who are considering water heater replacement often ask if tankless units are better and if they’re worth the higher upfront cost. The answer is that it all depends on your particular hot water needs.
Lynch Plumbing will help you analyze your current hot water usage to determine if going tankless makes sense for your household. We’ll discuss the benefits, as well as challenges, so you are well-informed before making a decision.
Our tankless water heater installers and repair experts are committed to ensuring your peace of mind with every service. Take a look at our customer reviews to find out why homeowners from all over the San Fernando Valley continue to rely on us for all of their plumbing needs!
What is a Tankless Water Heater?
Conventional water heaters work by heating up a large volume of water, which is then stored in a tank. Water in this tank does not stay at a set temperature. Over time, it cools due to heat loss and the system must compensate by turning it on periodically to ensure hot water is always available. The tank takes up space while repeated heating consumes a good deal of energy.
A tankless water heater mounts on the wall and water pipes feed directly through it. It turns on in response to the hot water tap being opened and runs only when you need hot water. This is the energy-saving aspect of the unit. The heating element turns on only when needed and your water supply is heated instantly. As soon as you shut the tap, the tankless heater turns off.
What Are the Advantages of Tankless Water Heaters?
Homeowners with tankless heaters enjoy:
- More space – Tankless water heaters are the size of a small suitcase and can be installed in crawl spaces or on the wall. The standard size is 28 inches tall by 20 inches wide by 10 inches deep compared to a 60-inch tall by 24-inch wide traditional water tank.
- More savings – With on-demand hot water, you won’t have to heat up more water than you need. This can result in an appreciative drop in your water bill, potentially reducing monthly energy expenditures.
- Greater efficiency – Tankless water heaters can last for 20 years or more (compared to the 10-15 years of a conventional tank model). During that time, you can enjoy up to 34% greater efficiency than a conventional water heater.1
- Safer operation – There is no tank that can suddenly burst and flood your home; plus, risk of backdrafting is lowered since exhaust and air supply vents are sealed (gas units). Tankless water heaters therefore can also give you peace of mind.
- Less maintenance – Since there is no tank, you won’t have to worry about flushing it regularly to prevent corrosion and sediment buildup. While annual cleaning of mineral buildup is recommended, professional service may be required only every four or five years.
Keep in mind that the benefits of switching to tankless water heaters are only worth it if you have the hot water needs to match. This is why we often recommend tankless water heaters for smaller households. The less demand for hot water, the greater efficiency you’ll enjoy.
If you have a larger family or several people living in your home, you may need to install two or more tankless water heaters to keep up with the demand and reduce strain on your units. But in general, we recommend storage tank units for larger households as they allow for simultaneous hot water use. For example, someone can take a shower while another is doing the laundry or running the dishwasher.
When to Call for Tankless Water Heater Repair
While tankless units provide unlimited on-demand hot water, they still require time to warm up. Avoid overloading your unit with too much hot water use at once (this is why we recommend storage tanks for bigger households).
Other common tankless water heater issues include:
- Faulty ignition
- Blocked vents
- Clogged outlets due to hard water
- Leaking heat exchangers (which can lead to corroded units)
These problems can lead to low water pressure, a lack of hot water, or a complete system breakdown. Call our licensed plumbers for a professional diagnosis. We can give you options for repair or let you know if it’s time to consider water heater replacement.
Contact us at (818) 851-7994 for professional tankless water heater repair and replacement in North Hollywood, Chatsworth, and elsewhere in the San Fernando Valley as well as Santa Clarita. Ask for your free quote today!
Expert Plumbers at Affordable Rates
Quality Doesn’t Cost, It Pays
TANKLESS WATER HEATERS
And Much More >>>